Monday, April 30, 2012

The End of April

It has been three weeks since my last update. I did take pictures, but I didn’t post them since I lost my camera cord. I am still not sure where it is, but I decided to go ahead and use my old camera since things have significantly changed in the last three weeks. Here are the pictures I took today.

The Yard
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Trees

About a month ago I predicted that all the trees would be fully-leafed by May 1st. As you can see that is almost the case. One exception is our Pecan trees.

The Pecan Trees

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Apple Tree
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Walnut Trees
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

The Pear Trees
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA


The Garden
The Garden has taken shape quite a lot since my last update. There are many plants in it which I did not photograph today, but hopefully I will next time.

Grapes (same cluster as in all of my previous grape photos)
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Sweet Corn
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Potatoes and Swiss Chard (Left to Right)
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Tomatoes, Green Onions, And Broccoli
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Raspberries
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

I actually think it is better doing an update just once every three weeks now that things are not changing as noticeably each week. If things go as planned, then my next update will also be my last, since I hope to move that week. I expect many crops will be very far along by then, so I will be very thorough. The grapes have already come a long way, and the corn is about a foot high and growing nearly an inch each day.

One Last shot for this week is of our Peony blossoms. They normally arrive in mid to late May; but like everything else this year, they are very early. Peonies are one of my favorites.
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

No comments:

Post a Comment